Sunday 26 April 2009

WOMEN AND SIZE

Today us as women are so completely obsessed with our weight. It's sad but so very true, because yes I'm just as bad, I'm one of them many obsessed women. It's so sad that many of us girls fell the need to be a certain weight before we are comfortable, even then we are not happy. Are we ever happy with the way we look ?

The reason I find myself writing this is because of a recent conversation with a close friend of mine. You see she has a friend that yes I know but not extremely well. She is around 30 weeks pregnant. She doesn't look like she is reason being is because she has an eating disorder. Yes I understand this because I myself went through this in my teens when my OCD was at it's worse. But god it makes me so angry as I recently lost a baby at 11 weeks pregnant. I would of been 33 weeks now, just 3 weeks a head of her :(

I look at young girls today and think god what chance have they got? Some girls are so scared of the word fat! And why? Because that's the way it is today. THIN IS IN AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. As a woman we have more control, but still it's hard. WHY CAN'T WE JUST LOVE OURSELVES ?  My daughter is six and I hope she never fells that way. I have heard that girls this young are already worrying about there size. I'm forever telling my princess she is gorgeous, because she is:)

Will women ever win the battle ?


2 comments:

  1. You know Claire, I cannot honestly say. I think it really depends on the way a child is reared and it's very important to do just as you are doing now, reaffirming your child's worth and beauty, inner as well as outer beauty.
    You're a great Mum and I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Have an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thin all my life until I took medicine that caused me to gain a significant amount of weight. Now I battle to lose that weight. I was a dancer most of my life but professionally for 6 years and used to weight train about 5-6 days a week and I wasn't even happy then with my body.

    I have a dear friend with a severe eating disorder not only bulemia but also anorexia. She is painfully thin and looks like a child when she is in her 30's. She is not happy but is also battling drug and alcohol addiction so she is having a very hard time in her life. I feel for her but she is improving.

    I think that you are doing a great job by telling your child that she is beautiful but there is so much peer pressure out there that can become a problem as well. But you keep up the great work you are a great mom!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete